Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Need help with birthday bash!

I'm getting very excited about my birthday bash in the legislative building in Raleigh on Monday, July 8.

For months many members of the General Assembly have repeatedly sent me an implied invitation to share my birthday cake, but, an actual cake would be too difficult to deal with so I'm resorting to cupcakes. Anyone who is looking for a birthday present for me might just want to bake a dozen or so small cupcakes to add to those I'm taking to Raleigh. Please remove the paper cup because it is illegal to litter inside the building, and I certainly wouldn't want to break the law after being so graciously invited.

As they cut education, refused Medicade coverage for 300,000, continue to try to toll the Hatteras-Ocracoke Ferry, push to allow chemicals in our aquifers, propose closing the state's three drug and alcohol treatment hospitals, and a long list of other things, their response to opposition has been "let them eat cake!" Now, how great is that? They have been inviting me to share my birthday cake! What a state!

If you aren't into baking, it wouldn't be a birthday party without games so I think trivia and knock-knock games would work best. I've come up with a few but need more. I can remember just so much, so I'll write them on my apron to remind me. If you can think of some, please send them to me via the comment link on this blog or email them to sandysemansross@gmail.com.

Here's a couple of examples of what I think would be fun and make my birthday guests smile..

1. How do you turn an elephant into a jackass?
    Just give him a seat in the General Assembly!

2. Knock, knock.
    Who's there?
    The Pope.
    The Pope who?
    The Pope who bought North Carolina!

What is happening in State government is not a laughing matter but I hope all will forgive me needing a little fun on my birthday. The rest of the world is laughing at the absurdity of what our elected officials are doing so perhaps we can use a little levity to make a point and express our outrage.




No comments:

Post a Comment